Add button in the standard list (say Contacts List)

Hi Everyone,

I need to add button in the standard list (say Contacts). On click of this button, I want to call custom web service function. Is there a way I can do that. Is there any alternative available for the same.

Thanks,
Manoj

Like 0

6 comments

Hello Manoj,
Thank you for your question.

There is an article available on the Academy that covers this topic with an example.

Regarding following question: "Is there any alternative available for the same". 

It depends on what you mean here. You can call a web service from different parts of an application. For example, you can make a business process that makes a call to a web service (link).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any question left.

Yevhenii Grytsiuk,

Hi Yevhenii,

Apologies if my previous message was unclear. I want to add a button to each row in the native list, specifically as a column, and trigger a web service call when this button is clicked to sync data from another system.

For example, I need to add a sync icon as a column in the Project List. When the sync button for Project 1 is clicked, it should call the web service to sync data related to Project 1 from another system. Similarly, clicking the sync button for Project 2 should sync data related to Project 2, and so on.

I hope this clarifies my request. Thank you!

Manoj Patil,

You can add the following to the diff of the section: 

{
	"operation": "insert",
	"name": "DataGridActiveRowSyncButton",
	"parentName": "DataGrid",
	"propertyName": "activeRowActions",
	"values": {
		"className": "Terrasoft.Button",
		"style": "green",
		"tag": "sync",
		"caption": "Sync"
	}
}

This will add the button. Then for handling the click, add this to the methods:

onActiveRowAction: function(buttonTag, primaryColumnValue) {
	this.callParent(arguments);

if (buttonTag === "sync") {
		// do your stuff here
		// primaryColumnValue is the row's Id value

// you can get other values from the row using
		var row = this.getActiveRow()
		var val = row.get("UsrSomeColumn");
	}
}

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the details. 

This section is created via Section Wizard and it correctly appears in Application Hub. However, I do not a find a place where this code needs to be added. Please guide me on the same as I am unsure if I am missing anything here.

The Section wizard creates two client schema files. One ending in "Page" and one ending in "Schema". The one ending in "Schema" is the one you want to add this code to. To see these files you need to look at the contents of the package containing your customizations, either by opening Advanced Settings from your application in App Hub or using the Advanced Settings link in the System designer.

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

I am unable to locate the System Designer icon on the Project List Page. See below screengrab.

I went to Advanced Settings and didn't find the schema files ending with "Page" and others ending with "Schema". See below screengrab.

Therefore, I navigated to Application Hub, Navigation Sections, and Selected Project which opened Projects: Section. 

In the Section Pages, I selected Edit Page which opened the Section Wizard screen with Tabs Pages, Business Rules, and Source Code at the top of the screen. 

I clicked on the Source Code tab and pasted the code at this place but it didn't reflect the new button in the list. 

I am unsure why the System Designer icon does not appear on the Project List screen. (Could it be a Creatio Version Issue? I am using Version 8.1.3.6734)
Why schema files ending with "Page" and "Schema" are not available in the Advanced Settings. (Could it be a Creatio Version Issue? I am using Version 8.1.3.6734) 
I assume I am placing the code on the Project Detail page and not on the Project List Page.

Show all comments