Import users with passwords from Excel

Hello!

1) How is it possible to perform password import from Excel? When I add a column 'Password' to the Excel file import doesn't start.

I would like to import users, set some default password (the same for everyone or equal to username). Is it possible to do with Import, Process or SQL script?

2) How is it possible to send invitation email to all portal users imported from Excel? Can any Business process do that?

I cannot imagine how to make this manualy for hundreds users

Thank you.

Vladimir

Like 0

4 comments
Best reply

As for importing the passwords, yes, it is possible. However the column cannot be named "Password". If you name the column in the Excel file "Passwd" or something other than Password, you can import the passwords. Also useful to check the box for reset password so they're prompted to change it from the default on first login.

You'll also need to import to Users in Roles to add them to All employees role as well, last I checked that doesn't happen automatically from an import of users. 

I have a write up of importing users from Excel here: https://customerfx.com/article/importing-users-into-creatio-formerly-bp…

As for an email of some kind, I don't recall if you can use a signal in a process for a record added to SysAdminUnit, however, you could do it from a signal from a record added in Contact where a SysAdminUnit record exists (with a Type=4) and trigger a process from that (since importing the user will also create the contact). I believe that would work, although I've not tried it.

Ryan

As for importing the passwords, yes, it is possible. However the column cannot be named "Password". If you name the column in the Excel file "Passwd" or something other than Password, you can import the passwords. Also useful to check the box for reset password so they're prompted to change it from the default on first login.

You'll also need to import to Users in Roles to add them to All employees role as well, last I checked that doesn't happen automatically from an import of users. 

I have a write up of importing users from Excel here: https://customerfx.com/article/importing-users-into-creatio-formerly-bp…

As for an email of some kind, I don't recall if you can use a signal in a process for a record added to SysAdminUnit, however, you could do it from a signal from a record added in Contact where a SysAdminUnit record exists (with a Type=4) and trigger a process from that (since importing the user will also create the contact). I believe that would work, although I've not tried it.

Ryan

However, the one thing you can't do from an import of users, is set their license. You'll have to do that manually after the import. 

It's not so bad though, in the System Users section you can select all the imported users and then select "Grant license" from the Actions menu. You can also do it in the License Manager (add multiple users to a license at once)

Ryan

Ryan Farley,

Thank you for such a detailed description! That helps a lot!

Kind regards,

Vladimir

I also add 'Administrator for organization on the portal' in “User in roles” for portal organization administrators

Show all comments