Hey, everyone! 
I've been trying to mass update a property (Column) from a table in a Demo envoyrement. 

I've asked Gemini and gpt. Bolth returned me that there should be a "Quick Update" button, but it's nowhere to be found... 

Asked a coleague and he sent me this app (https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/mass-updating-creatio)... still.. nothing. 
I don't want to create a Business Process to do it ...

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks ! 

Like 0

0 comments
Show all comments

Hi Everyone,

I want to exclude all the contacts that are in a particular folder from the main folder so that those contacts are visible only in that folder and not on the main list page. How can I do it?

Thanks in Advance.

Like 0

1 comments

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to perform this task in a basic way. You can only filter the data you need in folders, but there is no way to completely move all records from the main contact list page to one folder so that they are only available in one folder and not on the main list page.

We've registered this idea in our R&D team backlog for consideration and implementation in future application releases. Thank you for helping us to improve our product.

Show all comments

Hello Community, 

Kind of dummy question, but in the new UI, where is the "lookup element" that can be implemented? In configuration section, contacts are in "custom" package. Did not see a section page referring to contacts, Only form page seems to be valid. Relevant Image that I was expecting to find a custom "lookup element" that can be dragged/dropped is shared.

Thank you in advance! 

Like 0

1 comments

The new equivalent of a lookup is "Dropdown"

Ryan

Show all comments

Hi 

I have active duplitace rule 

Contact duplicates. Full name but still i can create new contact with the same name...

i shouldn't have option to save becouse this contact already exist but i can... and system do not show me similar contact at all

Like 0

0 comments
Show all comments

Dear community,

We are not planning on using the middle name of a contact but Creatio automatically fills in the field.

Is there a setting to disable this?

Kind regards,

Yosef

Like 0

3 comments

Hello Yosef,

If you are not going to use any field, you can hide or delete it on a record page in the Page Designer.

Please find the instruction about configuration page fields here

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan,

The problem is that even if we hide it, Creatio will automatically fill the field and that gives issues with the "full name field".

Are you sure that deleting a field won't cause more issues?

Kind regards,

Yosef

Dear community,

Does anyone else have an idea? I still haven't found a solution to this.

Thank you!

Show all comments

In the Contacts section, I need to filter all the contacts that ever got emails Titled "Thanks" (NOT bulk emails, just simple emails). These emails are displayed here:

I tried any available lookup, yet no success. Which object should be used?

Like 0

6 comments

Maybe like this. But I'm not sure.

https://prnt.sc/z38p5x

That's Participant instead of Owner.

Dear Yuriy, 

The option proposed by Julius above should work for the described purpose. 

Please use Email Participants object to get list of contacts which were in the needed bulk email's audience.

Kind regards,

Roman

Julius,

Thank you! I specified the question: NOT bulk emails, but simple emails

Dear Yuriy, 

In this case you need to build filter like this:

Kind regards,

Roman

Roman Brown,

Roman, that doesn't work for me! That gives only a few contacts. For instance, Darren is not among them. I suspect the contacts don't have activities, just emails. What table stores the emails?

Yuriy Konstantinov,

Activities and emails are stored in the same object, but just in case try to remove type=email filter and check if it helps. 

Best regards,

Angela

Show all comments

I have a case where the Outlook Sync wasn't setup correctly, so instead of "Full job title" being synced to "Job title" field in Outlook, it populates "Prefix" field. There are simply too many contacts to fix manually.

Is there a quick way to fix this issue? Where can I access mapping criteria for Creatio-Outlook synchronization?

Thanks,

Kavian

Like 0

4 comments

Hi Kavian, 

Could you please bring more details here?

We've tested it with our demo instance and Outlook 2016 wih all the defalut fileds in a Contact card.

Name and Full job title were filled in in Creatio and here's the result in Outlook:

Maybe, you have some custom fields in Outlook?

Thank you.

Bohdan Zdor,

Thanks, 

For example, since originally the client has populated "Title" field, instead of "Full job title", contacts in Outlook are synced with "Title" value as salutation. However, this was wrong and now, if we remove the value of the "Title" field in Creatio, the salutation in Outlook remains untouched. This is however, the exchange synchronization triggered after updating the contact record:

Bohdan Zdor,

Another question,

Is there any workaround to allow all users sync contacts to Outlook, despite the owner of the record?

Hi Kavian,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to use sync with Outlook functionality when you're not the owner of a contact. We've passed this information to our R&D to implement such functionality in future releases.

Thank you.

Show all comments

I'm looking for a way to delete contacts from outlook by deleting a given contact from Creatio. 

Is there a quick way to purge contacts?  or can a business process be created; and if so so what object holds the contact records?

Thanks,

Kavian

Like 0

4 comments
Best reply

Kavian Abhari,

You can try to use this add-on to achieve your business task, but by default there is not such option.

Regards,

Dean

Hi Kavian,

It is not possible to delete contacts from outlook through Creatio. If the contact is delete from Creatio, it will still remain in outlook.

It is specifically designed to prevent accidental contacts deletion from outlook after deleting contacts on the website.

Regards,

Dean

Dean Parrett,

Thanks for your response. I came across this Marketplace add-on.

https://marketplace.creatio.com/app/exchange-contacts-sync-creatio

One of the key features mentioned is the "deletion of a contact/contact group in Exchange based on the respective action in Creatio".

Have you ever happened to use this?

Thanks

Kavian Abhari,

You can try to use this add-on to achieve your business task, but by default there is not such option.

Regards,

Dean

Hello,

You can try this marketplace application to achieve your business task, I haven't used it before. But by default, it is not possible to delete the contacts from outlook by deleting the contact in Creatio.

Regards,

Dean

Show all comments

Hello all,

I am working on modifying the Search contact and accounts page to add a cancel button to the top of the page so that the user can exit the page and properly terminate the business process that opens it.

However, I've added the script for inserting a button but it won't show up on the page. Here is my script below. Is there something I could be doing wrong?

Like 0

3 comments

Dear Kevin,

Could you please provide us with the information about how this page was created and how this page is called in a business process?

If this page is a pre-configured page, so you can easily add a button using page wizard and bind the “click” attribute to the appropriate method through a development.

Best regards,

Norton

Norton Lingard,

It is the "Search page - Contacts and Accoutns" page that is used in the Identify contact by incoming call process. 

It is called like a pre-configured page in the process but when I try to modify it, it only opens right to the schema code instead of opening the page wizard. 

Dear Kevin,

I created the replacing client module for the “SearchAccountAndContactPage” schema and added the following code:

define("SearchAccountAndContactPage", [], function(){

return {

entitySchemaName: "Case",

methods: {

onCloseContactButton: function() {

// business logic;

alert("onCloseContactButton.click()");

}

},

diff: [

{

"operation": "insert",

"parentName": "LeftContainer",

"propertyName": "items",

"name": "ClosePageButton",

"values": {

"itemType": this.Terrasoft.ViewItemType.BUTTON,

"caption": {"bindTo": "Resources.Strings.ClosePageButtonCaption"},

"click": {"bindTo": "onCloseContactButton"},

"style": "red"

}

}            

]

};    

});

As a result, the button has successfully appeared in the page. Please see the screenshot below:

Please check you entered the correct value for the “caption” property. Since if this property has the wrong value, the button won’t be visible in the page.

Best regards,

Norton

Show all comments

Hello,

I am trying to automatically send emails to a group of contacts in a business process. Is there a way that I can do so using the "send email" user action or with a system action?

I know that I can add multiple contacts to the "send email" but I need it to be able to adapt in each case. There isn't always going to be three people to send to, for example. 

Like 1

4 comments

You can loop through the contacts and use the SendEmail task to each one, merging in fields for that contact. You can see how to loop through the records in this article: https://customerfx.com/article/how-to-loop-through-records-in-a-process-in-creatio-formerly-bpmonline/

The basic concept is to flag the records you want to loop through, then clear the flag in the loop so the next time you read the flagged records you have one less each time. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Hey Kevin!  Did you end up doing this?  I'm looking to do something similar and want to have multiple recipients on the same email.  I was thinking of creating a string parameter on the process, looping through the contacts read in like Ryan mentioned, and seeing if I can append the text parameter with an additional email address each time.  

Francine Braese,

Ryan's technique of looping the records and clearing the flag in each record as processed work great. The string parameter was how I handled the group send in the process I built, extending the string each time through until all records were process. Once I had the To string assembled I could insert the parameter into a send email element in the process.

Thanks Kevin!  It's great to hear this approach worked for you.  I started exploring tagging/untagging contacts instead of using a boolean field as slight variation of this.  That may be a way to loop through the contacts without the clutter of an extra field. 

Show all comments