Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible

Hello, we updated our QA system to 8.0.6 a few weeks ago and everything had been running smoothly until today.  We are now getting the following error.  We have not made any changes to the configuration files for weeks so don't understand what caused this or how to fix it.  Please advise.

Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Terrasoft.Common.AppStartupException: Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[AppStartupException: Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible]
   Terrasoft.Core.AppConnection.CheckConfigurationVersion() +191
   Terrasoft.Core.AppConnection.Initialize() +559
   Terrasoft.WebApp.Loader.Global.InitializeAppConnection() +152
   Terrasoft.WebApp.Loader.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +233

[HttpException (0x80004005): Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +517
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +185
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): Versions of application "8.0.6.3522" and configuration "7.18.4" are incompatible]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4494.0

Like 1

3 comments

Hi, I've had this exact error message before. I got it when trying to update my local development environment by updating the binaries and restoring the database backup of my previous version into the new version (which is not the right way to update environment versions, see below). Quick question, I assume this is an on-prem environment and if so did you use the update guide utility to perform this update? 

https://academy.creatio.com/docs/release/update-guide/update-guide

It's necessary to use this utility for all environment updates to newer versions as it performs metadata updates at the database level that otherwise do not get made producing this error.

(Note, if using the updater for versions beyond 8.0 you may need to raise a support ticket requesting the scenario file and binaries as the downloader script did not create those for me after version 8.0.1)

Hello Francine,

Thank you for your post. We already processed your request to our support team and will provide you with a resolution in scopes of the request placed to our support team.

Have a nice day!

Vishay Kerai,

thank you so much for your response and sharing your experience!  

This is an on-prem environment and we did use the update guide utility to perform the update.  We also used the scenario file and binaries Creatio provided.  The oddest part of this issue is that it occurred weeks after the update finished successfully.

Show all comments