Question

Error while updating from 7.18.0 to 7.18.1

Hi community,

I have an issue while updating Creatio from the 7.18.0 version to the 7.18.1 version. The base version I started from was the 7.17.4 and everything worked as expected for the update to the 7.18.0 update. When I try to update the version from the 7.18.0 to the 7.18.1 I have some problems, please take look at the screenshot below :

[11:10:15] Autogenerated\Src\ODataEntities\DuplicatesHistory.BackReferences.Deduplication.cs(21,52): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DuplicatesHistory' does not exist in the namespace 'Terrasoft.Configuration' (are you missing an assembly reference?) [D:\Creatio\QUAL\Terrasoft.WebApp\Terrasoft.Configuration\Terrasoft.Configuration.ODataEntities.csproj]

This is an example of an error. I get this error for every single file under the "Autogenerated\Src\ODataEntities\" folder. I tried to give all the rights to the IIS user but it didn't changed anything. 

Any advise on how to solve this ? Before the update I regenerated the schema code sources and compiled the 7.18.0 version and everything worked as expected.

Thanks for you help !

Like 1

15 comments
Best reply

Hello Jonathan,

After you tried to log in and it stuck, please change the URL in the address bar of the same tab to the next one and try to open it:

https://your_site/0/ClientApp/#/WorkspaceExplorer 

After that please try to generate the source code and re-compile the system.

Best regards,

Roman

Hello Jonathan,

Hope you're doing well.

Please try to proceed with the following recommendations (it should be done on the updated to 7.18.1 instance):

1. Check in the \web.config file of the external application, that keys Feature-UseSeparatedOdataEntitiesDll and Feature-ODataEntitiesCompilationInSeparatedDll are disabled. If there are no such keys, there is a need to add them in <appSettings> section:

<add key="Feature-UseSeparatedOdataEntitiesDll" value="false" />

<add key="Feature-ODataEntitiesCompilationInSeparatedDll" value="false" />

2. Generate a source code for all schemas through the UI or with a help of the corresponding operation of WorkspaceConsole:

"operation": "RegenerateAdditionalSchemaSources",

"configurationPath": "${WebAppRootDirectory}\Terrasoft.Configuration",

"confRuntimeParentDirectory": "${WebAppRootDirectory}",

"logPath": "${WorkspaceConsoleLogDirectory}",

"continueIfError": "True",

"workspaceName": "Default"

3. Compile a system and check whether everything works as expected.

4. Proceed with an update to further versions. In order to do so, delete from \InstallPackages folder with versions those to which the system has been already updated and run the update utility once again.

Best regards,

Roman

Hello Roman Rak,

Thank you for your answer. I've already done all the steps that you mentioned above before doing the update but I always get these errors. I did the update from version 7.17.4 to version 7.18.0 and I have no errors on the updater.exe. Then, when I do the update from the 7.18.0 to the 7.18.1, i get all these errors comming from the "Autogenerated\Src\ODataEntities\" folder. 

How can I do to solve these ?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I also had lots of errors in the same update, but I could still log in after the upgrade, so I just re-generated all source code schemas and recompiled and the version worked fine.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Robert

Hi Robert Pordes,

I treid to regenerate the schemas and recompile the version. I can now log in but have some errors. After the login screen, it blocks on the Creatio logo without any explicit errors. So, I looked at the console if there was any problem and the output is on the screenshot below. So, I tried to do a backup to the 7.17.4 version and ran the update to the 7.18.0 (which has absolutely no errors when updating) and I encounter the same issue. At first, when I try to log in, it prompt me to put the new linceses for the 7.18.0 and afterwards, when I've put the licenses, and try to log in, I encounter the same issue. I'm stuck on the Creatio logo with the exact same console errors. 

Any suggestion ? Thanks for your help by the way !

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Robert thank you for your help as well.

We have discussed and re-checked the described upgrade issues with the responsible team and they provided the fix for that. There was implemented a fix into the Updater utility. For a successful update process to version 7.18.1, you will need to replace the previously downloaded utility with the updated utility and configure the install.xml according to your task, after that you need to restart the upgrade process (can be checked on the copy for the first time).

Please find the needed utility in the link below:

http://ftp.bpmonline.com/support/downloads/UpdaterUtility/Updater.zip

Best regards,

Roman

Hi Roman,

I tried to restore the version to the 7.17.4 and proceed to the 7.18.0 using the new updater linked above. The updater prompts no errors. When trying to log in, I have the same errors printed in the google chrome console like you can see in the posts above.

I think that your updater should fix the problem of this issue :

"[11:10:15] Autogenerated\Src\ODataEntities\DuplicatesHistory.BackReferences.Deduplication.cs(21,52): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DuplicatesHistory' does not exist in the namespace 'Terrasoft.Configuration' (are you missing an assembly reference?) [D:\Creatio\QUAL\Terrasoft.WebApp\Terrasoft.Configuration\Terrasoft.Configuration.ODataEntities.csproj]"

But not the other one... Apparently they aren't related. 

Any suggestion ?

Hello Jonathan,

Could you please tell us if there were any other error notifications in the update logs?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Roman

Jonathan Quendoz,

same question as before: did you regenerate sources and recompile?

BR,

Robert

Hi Roman Rak,

Indeed from what i've seen in the updater.exe, I hadn't errors and everything worked fine. However, when I look into the logs, there is something strange. Here are some screenshots of the beginning of the logs :

[13:11:28] Error has occurred during the loading of workspace build

Could not load file or assembly 'IntegrationApi, Version=1.0.0.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could not load file or assembly 'ExchangeApi, Version=1.0.0.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()

at Terrasoft.Core.AppConnection.LoadWorkspaceAssembly(SysWorkspace workspace)

[13:11:29] 

=== 11:11:28.9991 (UTC) === 

[13:11:29] Start info: 

[13:11:29] x64 

[13:11:29]     Help: help 

[13:11:29]     Operation: InstallFromRepository 

[13:11:29]     WorkspaceName: Default 

[13:11:29]     AutoExit: true 

[13:11:29]     SourcePath: D:\\UpdaterService\\delivery\\InstallPackages\\7_18_0/Pkg 

[13:11:29]     DestinationPath: D:\UpdaterService\delivery\InstallPackages\7_18_0\Temp 

[13:11:29]     ConfigurationPath: D:\\Creatio\\PROD\\Terrasoft.WebApp/Terrasoft.Configuration 

[13:11:29]     InstallPackageSqlScript: True 

[13:11:29]     InstallPackageData: True 

[13:11:29]     UpdateDBStructure: True 

[13:11:29]     RegenerateSchemaSources: True 

[13:11:29]     ContinueIfError: True 

[13:11:29]     AutoUpdateConfigurationVersion: True 

[13:11:29]     TreatDataErrorsAsWarnings: True 

[13:11:29]     UpdateDBStructure:  

[13:11:29]     LogPath: D:\\UpdaterService\\delivery\\InstallPackages\\7_18_0\\Log 

[13:11:29]     ConfRuntimeParentDirectory: D:\\Creatio\\PROD\\Terrasoft.WebApp 

[13:11:29]     SkipValidateActions: True 

[13:11:29]     SkipConstraints: False 

[13:11:29]     IsForceUpdateAllColumns: True 

[13:11:29]     UpdateSystemDBStructure: True 

[13:11:29]     ValidateSchemas: False 

[13:11:29]     Assembly version: 7.18.0.1353 

[13:11:29]     Configuration version: 7.18.0 

And at the end of the logs :

=== 11:46:20.6114 (UTC) === 

[13:46:20] Compiling and saving in 'Default' workspace database 

[13:46:20] Loading schemas from database 

[13:46:23] Loading schemas from database is completed 

[13:46:23] InitializeContent started at 00:00:02.6654344 

[13:46:23] CopyProjectFile VisualStudioProjectFilePath = [D:\\Creatio\\PROD\\Terrasoft.WebApp/Terrasoft.Configuration\Terrasoft.Configuration.Dev.csproj] DefaultVisualStudioProjectFilePath = [D:\Creatio\PROD\Terrasoft.WebApp\DesktopBin\WorkspaceConsole\Terrasoft.Configuration\Terrasoft.Configuration.Dev.csproj] 

[13:46:27] InitializeContent finished at 00:00:06.5509964 

[13:46:27] WorkspaceCompiler.Build started at 00:00:06.5513397 

[13:46:27] OldUI = False 

[13:46:27] NetStandardCompatibilityMode = True 

[13:46:28] Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.7.2+b60ddb6f4 for .NET 

[13:46:28] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. 

[13:46:32]   Determining projects to restore... 

[13:46:32]   Restored D:\Creatio\PROD\Terrasoft.WebApp\Terrasoft.Configuration\Terrasoft.Configuration.Dev.csproj (in 184 ms). 

[13:46:36]   No way to resolve conflict between "log4net, Version=1.2.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669e0ddf0bb1aa2a" and "log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821". Choosing "log4net, Version=1.2.15.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669e0ddf0bb1aa2a" arbitrarily. 

[13:47:35]   Terrasoft.Configuration.Dev -> D:\Creatio\PROD\Terrasoft.WebApp\Terrasoft.Configuration\bin\Terrasoft.Configuration.dll 

[13:47:35] Build succeeded. 

[13:47:35]     0 Warning(s) 

[13:47:35]     0 Error(s) 

[13:47:35] Time Elapsed 00:01:07.30 

[13:47:35] WorkspaceCompiler.Build finished at 00:01:15.2821526 

[13:47:36] Compilation Time: 00:01:15.3597809 

[13:47:47] Processed elements: 1 out of 1 

[13:47:47] Utility finished working. 

In the middle of the logs I didn't found anything that could help us out, everything worked and installed correctly.

Any suggestions with the help of these screenshots ? 

Thanks a lot for your time !

Hello Jonathan,

After you tried to log in and it stuck, please change the URL in the address bar of the same tab to the next one and try to open it:

https://your_site/0/ClientApp/#/WorkspaceExplorer 

After that please try to generate the source code and re-compile the system.

Best regards,

Roman

Hi Robert Pordes,

Yes, every time after doiing something I always regenerate new schemas and compile the system from the workspace console.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Hi Roman Rak,

It worked ! However, I generated the schemas source code from the workspace console utility using the "RegenerateAdditionalSchemaSources" and then compiled from the workspace console using the "BuildWorkspace" operation and it didn't worked ! 

However, in the community they clearly said to me that compiling from the Workspace Console and from the UI is absolutely equivalent.

https://community.creatio.com/questions/compiling-ui-or-compiling-works…

How could you explain this ? And how could I know that I've should go and generate schemas and compile from there : https://your_site/0/ClientApp/#/WorkspaceExplorer  ?

Thanks a lot for your help, the point is that it works now but I would love some explanation to this strange problem.

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for letting us know. The link I have provided was taken from the demo site when I was opening the Advanced settings section (basically the ending of the link is the same for all instances starting from version 7.17.0).

Also, we have informed the responsible team about the behavior you have faced during the update to version 7.18.1.

Best regards,

Roman

Hello Roman Rak,

Thanks for your answer. How could you explain the fact that when generating schemas and compiling from the workspace console it didn't worked but when I generated schemas and compiled from the UI it worked if the two procedures are equivalent ?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

It's difficult to specify the reason without details. We suggest checking application logs to check if there were any error notifications when you have run the needed operations via the workspace console.

Best regards,

Roman

Show all comments