Question

Creatio in File design mode "SaveSchema" takes long to save

Hi team, I have a local instace with FDM and any configuration in a small schema takes arround 20s to save. I check the DB and harddrive and speeds are correct. Any ideas what it can be?

Like 0

1 comments

Greetings!

It’s difficult to pinpoint the exact cause, as there may be several contributing factors and potential solutions. For a more thorough analysis, please create a request by emailing support@creatio.com.

Here are some possible reasons and solutions we can explore:

1. Schema Compilation: Each time a schema is saved, the system compiles it. This process can take considerable time, especially for large or complex schemas. The schema might also depend on other processes or schemas. Saving time can increase if there are many interdependent components or if large amounts of data are processed in the background.

2. Server Resource Usage: Check the server’s CPU and memory usage during the save process. If the server is under heavy load, it could slow down the save operation. A lack of resources, even with good database and disk performance, could be a contributing factor.

3. Database Operations: The SaveSchema process involves database operations. Although you mentioned the database performance seems fine, it’s worth checking for any inefficient queries during the schema saving process.

4. Local Environment: Since you’re working with a local instance, ensure that the disk isn’t overloaded with other tasks. Sometimes large log files or other background processes can impact disk I/O performance.

5. Log Review: Review the Creatio logs during the schema save operation to identify any errors or lengthy processes that might be prolonging the save time.

I hope these recommendations will assist you!
Regards, Orkhan

Show all comments