Idea
Discussion

Please improve the code editor in 8.1.5

The font choice in the code editor in 8.1.5 is absolutely horrible. I'm honestly surprised that someone made the decision to change the font in the editor to Open Sans. Please change it back or at least to a font choice ideal for code. Please have someone who uses code editors provide some feedback internally to influence the design of the editor. Another issue in 8.1.5 is pasting code into the editor makes it an unusable mess. I keep a notes app with common code and also from articles on my website that I use often to paste code blocks into the code editor and it's always worked fine. In the 8.1.5 editor it loses all line breaks and becomes all one single line. This worked before, so maybe this is due to the new font? Either way, productivity has taken a hit because of this.

The code editor has taken some steps backwards in 8.1.4 and 8.1.5. It has become more and more aggravating to use. The inconsistent use of spacing makes working in the code editor in Creatio very frustrating. When typing and you hit tab you get 2 spaces, but the designer adds to the page code using 4 spaces or an actual tab. It becomes a mess quickly and makes page code difficult to work with and difficult to read. The addition of updated jslint esversion for support of arrow functions, async/await, etc was a welcome change, but other than that things have become worse in the editor.

Please make some changes to the editor, it is desperately needed. It honestly wouldn't take much.

1. A better font or go back to the one previously used before 8.1.5.
  2. Fix the inconsistent spacing - please, either tabs or 4 spaces like the older editor used, never 2 spaces.
  3. Fix whatever broke the ability to paste code into the editor, this one is very important and probably the worst of the list IMO.
  4. No line wrapping for long lines (this has always been an issue).

Sorry for the bluntness and venting, but I have to work in this editor every day and I know it can be better - because it was better before. I'd take the older code editor back over the new one for sure.

Ryan

0 comments
Show all comments