Question

What needs to be changed in the parameters to make it work?

ConnectionString.config:

before this there was an error IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT TO THE REDIS SERVER(S). UNABLETOCONNECT ON TSAGENT-1-5:6379

Like 1

5 comments

Have you installed Redis?

Ryan Farley,

yes

Erlan Ibraev,

I figured, but had to ask. 

Maybe try simplifying the string to something like the following:

<add name="redis" connectionString="host=localhost;db=0;port=6379" />

Ryan

I usually have to specify localhost instead of the hostname when I use redis as windows service, so I think Ryan's answer should work.

BR,

Robert 

Hello,

Based on the error message, it seems that there might be an issue with the Redis cluster setup or the connection string provided. Please check whether the configuration settings have been done correctly, following the instructions mentioned in the article Redis Cluster.

In the ConnectionStrings.config configuration file, ensure that the connectionString parameter includes the clusterHosts setting:

<add name="redis" connectionString="clusterHosts=[SOME_NODE_1_IP:SOME_NODE_1_PORT],...,[SOME_NODE_N_IP:SOME_NODE_N_PORT]" />

Where clusterHosts should contain the IP addresses and ports of the cluster nodes.

Alternatively, you can use the following configuration settings from this article:

<add name="redis" connectionString="host=[ Machine name ];db=[ Redis DB number ];port=6379;maxReadPoolSize=10;maxWritePoolSize=500" />

Make sure to verify that the connection details are accurate and that the Redis cluster is set up correctly. If the issue persists, consider double-checking the IPs, ports, and connection credentials to ensure everything is configured correctly for your Redis cluster.

Show all comments