Question

How to create custom notifications for a logged in user?

I want to create automatic notifications to be triggered based on a field in a section (like if due date is crossed or not set) in notification center.  It should be displayed for certain period of time and then turned off.

Like 0

5 comments
Best reply

Hi Gokul,

You can create a business process like on the screenshot below:

As Shailey mentioned you can create a business process that will create a notification record that then will be displayed in the CTI panel like this:

Best regards,

Oscar

can create a trigger based process , and basis of condition , use add data element to add record in Notification object. 

Hi Gokul,

You can create a business process like on the screenshot below:

As Shailey mentioned you can create a business process that will create a notification record that then will be displayed in the CTI panel like this:

Best regards,

Oscar

Oscar Dylan,

Thank you for your response. when will these notification be cleared? or Is it possible to clear them after sometime like a day or something?

S Gokul Aditya,

You are welcome! Notifications like this one won't be deleted from the system in case there is no additional logic for it. You can either modify the original process I sent and add the "Wait for timer" element and then the "Delete data" element to delete the notification or you can create a separate process that would be triggered once per day (using the "Timer" start process element) and delete all the records from the "Notification" object that were created on some date (for example current date - 3 days).

Best regards,

Oscar

I have a detail within a section and would have to send user specific notifications (similar to above example) in case a record is added in the detail. Can we implement it using the Notification object as I was not able to select the detail ? I understand that its a Section object (view) that was chosen. Could you guide on what should be chosen?

Show all comments