Idea
Discussion

Enhancements needed to address issues in the 7.17 Code Editor

In the code editor in 7.17, there are a few problems that make it frustrating to use:

1. There is some inconsistent behavior with indent spacing. Sometimes a tab is the same as 2 spaces, however sometimes a tab is the same as 4 spaces. It all depends on if it's auto-indented as you hit enter to add a new line or if you hit the tab key directly. Even worse, the two tab sizes get mixed throughout the code making things difficult to read and becomes extremely frustrating. (I'd prefer 4 space tab size to keep things consistent since that is what all the code that existed before this editor was using)
  2. I never want line-wrapping. Having lines of code wrap only makes things difficult to read. Long lines of code need to just create a horizontal scrollbar. Line wrapping isn't standard/default behavior in the CodeMirror editor being used in 7.17 - the lineWrapping config setting has been intentionally turned on in Creatio.
  3. Searching through code is less than desirable. Using CTRL+F to find the first result and then CTRL+G to cycle through the next result(s) isn't intuitive, not to mention how the search box immediately collapses. The CodeMirror editor does have a persistent search box by using ALT+F (or Option+F on a Mac), however, this doesn't seem to be implemented in the Creatio version of the editor. This is desperately needed (and should be made the default search behavior of CTRL+F, if possible). The CodeMirror persistent search with ALT+F works exactly how searching worked in the pre-7.17 code editor (simply hit enter to cycle through results)
  4. This one isn't an issue, but would be an extremely nice to have. I'd love to be able to collapse the left side pane to get a wider view of the code.

These are technically enhancement requests. However, for me, I consider them issues since they get in the way of the new editor being a positive experience and add to it being difficult or frustrating to use.

Thanks,

Ryan

2 comments

Hello Ryan,

Hope you're doing well.

Thank you for being always interested in the Creatio application and further its improvements. We have created a functional request and passed it to our R&D team. After additional review, if the request will be in high demand these changes will be implemented in the future versions of the application.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Best regards,

Roman

100% agree with all,

I would like to add that suggestions don't work anymore either. Such as when you are typing a method name you have already defined it doesn't suggest to autofill with that name.

Show all comments