Addon installation on-premise best practice
I was wondering what is considered today as best practice when installing addons on premise on : dev , test and production environments.
What we do actually for each individual add-on installation:
1. Update database structure where needed
2. Generate source code for all items
3. Compile all items
4. Install Add-on
5. Generate source code where neded
6. Compile where needed
I feel that doing this per addon per instance can be time consuming and wonder how much is it necessary.
- Can the "update database, generate source code, compile" be done only once when installing a batch of addons?
- Is there a step missing here ?
Thank you all in advance for pitching in !