Question

Message from script task

Hello community!

I need show a menssage fron the script task on a business process. Or a console log in the browser can be found.

Can you have a example of that?

Regards, 

Like 0

1 comments
Best reply

Hi Federico,

Your requirement have a couple of issues: 1) a business process can be executed in background, that means that no user could be logged when process runs and 2) for previous point, business process runs on the server side. If it tries to show a dialog or write on console, that will happen on the server.

Saying that, I have a couple of suggestions:

a) In your script you can save the information you want to show to users in a variable. Then after Script, you can Open an Auto generated Form, displaying the text you just generated. This works with a process that interacts with an user.

b) You can create a new Object and then, inside the script insert your results on this table to review them later.

Hi Federico,

Your requirement have a couple of issues: 1) a business process can be executed in background, that means that no user could be logged when process runs and 2) for previous point, business process runs on the server side. If it tries to show a dialog or write on console, that will happen on the server.

Saying that, I have a couple of suggestions:

a) In your script you can save the information you want to show to users in a variable. Then after Script, you can Open an Auto generated Form, displaying the text you just generated. This works with a process that interacts with an user.

b) You can create a new Object and then, inside the script insert your results on this table to review them later.

Show all comments