Why does response code 500 started to appear in DataService request?

When I send the following JSON via DataService it fails:

{"Filters":{"rootSchemaName":"AccountCommunication","logicalOperation":0,"filterType":6,"items":{"filter1":{"LeftExpression":{"ColumnPath":"CommunicationType","ExpressionType":"SchemaColumn"},"ComparisonType":3,"FilterType":4,"RightExpressions":[{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"2b387201-67cc-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"},{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"6a3fb10c-67cc-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"},{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"9a7ab41b-67cc-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"},{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"ee1c85c3-cfcb-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"}]}}},"columns":{"items":{"Account":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Account","expressionType":"0"}},"Number":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Number","expressionType":"0"}},"Id":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Id","expressionType":"0"}}}},"RootSchemaName":"AccountCommunication","OperationType":"0","AllColumns":"false"}

Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://esp.bpmonline.com/0/dataservice/json/SyncReply/SelectQuery

This JSON should simply read all AccountCommunication options of types Email, Fax, Phone, AltPhone.

When I remove even just one of the filter expressions (no matter which: Email, Fax, Phone or AltPhone) from the JSON, it runs fine:

{"Filters":{"rootSchemaName":"AccountCommunication","logicalOperation":0,"filterType":6,"items":{"filter1":{"LeftExpression":{"ColumnPath":"CommunicationType","ExpressionType":"SchemaColumn"},"ComparisonType":3,"FilterType":4,"RightExpressions":[{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"2b387201-67cc-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"},{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"6a3fb10c-67cc-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"},{"Parameter":{"DataValueType":"Lookup","Value":"ee1c85c3-cfcb-df11-9b2a-001d60e938c6"},"ExpressionType":"Parameter"}]}}},"columns":{"items":{"Account":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Account","expressionType":"0"}},"Number":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Number","expressionType":"0"}},"Id":{"expression":{"columnPath":"Id","expressionType":"0"}}}},"RootSchemaName":"AccountCommunication","OperationType":"0","AllColumns":"false"}

This doesn't make sense to me.

The error code started to appear about 2 weeks ago. Previously it worked fine.

Like 0

2 comments

Dear Yuriy, 

The 500 exception simply means that something is wrong. If you need to see the exact exception message, please open google chrome developers console (Ctr+Shift+I), go to the "Network" tab, catch the request and read a message in the "Response" and "Preview" tabs. 

Please send the text of an error from the  "Response" or "Preview" tabs.

Best regards, 

Dennis  

Dennis Hudson,

Thank you for pointing this, however, I don't use a browser for sending the requests, they are sent programmatically. Anyway, I researched the 500 error and it is... 

Maximum number of 20000 records exceeded while loading "AccountCommunication"! How could I not have known! It's obvious by the symptoms. Solved

Show all comments